[Slackbuilds-users] Upcoming version of EFL build fails on 14.2

Erik Falor ewfalor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 03:27:20 UTC 2019

I've been meaning to push out an update to libraries/efl
(Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, a.k.a. EFL) for some time, but
I've been hung up on an odd build issue on 14.2.

If the previous version of this package is already installed on 14.2
(efl-1.20.7), the build fails because a tool built as part
of the process called `lt-edje_cc` loads a .so installed by efl-1.20.7
into /usr/lib64 and crashes because

    undefined symbol: EINA_ERROR_FUTURE_CANCEL

The thing that puzzles me is that `ldd` reports that `lt-edje_cc`
correctly locates many other EFL shared objects under /tmp/SBo instead
of the system library path /usr/lib64.

The build succeeds on 14.2 if you first manually uninstall EFL.

Curiously, this error does not occur in -current.  I originally
thought that the issue may have been due to a difference as regards
libtool, but both -14.2 and -current use the same version of libtool
"(GNU libtool) 2.4.6"

After many weeks of not making any headway, I'm ready to release this
now with the caveat "you must uninstall your existing EFL package
before updating", and hold faith that 15.0 will make the bugs go away.

My question to the group is, is this an acceptable course of action?

If somebody more knowledgable than I would like to take a stab at it,
you can find the new SlackBuilds here:

https://bitbucket.org/erikfalor/enlightenment-slackbuilds/src

--
Erik Falor