[Slackbuilds-users] OpenBLAS issue

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:46:48 UTC 2019

I'm having an issue with OpenBLAS slackbuild.
if I use a qemu vm with -cpu host    (the actual host cpu is AMD
A10-9700) and pass the variable TARGET=ATHLON
then the build fails part way through.

if I use the same qemu vm with -cpu qemu64 and pass the variable
TARGET=ATHLON
then the build completes.

This is the reverse of the previous behaviour of the openblas script.

I am guessing because if you use cpu=host, the real cpu is reported, and
for whatever reason, OpenBLAS does not like the combination of AMD
A10-9700 being reported when actually running in a vm without TARGET
being specified (and it is not used in the script if a qemu vm is not
detected).

the script uses a uname -p to detect if it is in a qemu vm
using
  if [ "x`dmidecode |grep Manufacturer|head -n1|awk '{print $NF}'`" =
"xQEMU" ]; then

allows it to detect more reliably if it is running in a qemu vm.
I tested the script modified with the above qemu detection, and it
completes in both scenarios
regards, Tim