[Slackbuilds-users] Memtest86+-5.01 patch for hang with SMP test #7 at 22% done

Richard Narron richard at aaazen.com
Tue Mar 26 20:26:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019, Matteo Bernardini wrote:

> Il giorno lun 25 mar 2019 alle ore 18:34 Richard Narron
> <richard at aaazen.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Two of my machines hang in the exact same spot when using the Slackware
> > memtest with SMP (F2) at 22% done in test #7.
> >
> > There is a patch on forum.canardpc.com that fixes the problem:
> >
> > https://forum.canardpc.com/threads/117454-PATCH-Fix-for-Freeze-on-test-7-in-SMP-mode
> >
> > Also posted as memtest86+-7-smp.patch on debian in:
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=795421#25
> >
> > So with this patch and applying the 5 patches from Debian sid:
> >
> > https://sources.debian.org/src/memtest86+/5.01-3/debian/patches/
> >
> > I modified the memtest86+.SlackBuild for version 5.01, built it on
> > Slackware 14.2 32-bit and got it working.
> >
> > It works well. There are no more hangs on test #7
>
> forwarding this to the maintainer.

Thanks Matteo.  Apparently the "Cc:" addresses on posts are removed so
nobody sees them.  I put all the names on the "To:".

The Memtest86+ package only builds on 32-bit Slackware 14.2 and maybe
earlier.

I tried building on 32-bit Slackware-current and it built ok, but it froze
when running test #1. So I have to do some more research/testing...

Richard Narron