[Slackbuilds-users] mumble

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue May 14 07:50:09 UTC 2019

Hello,

On 14/05/2019 05:55, King Beowulf wrote:
 > On 5/10/19 5:56 AM, Didier Spaier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Making mumble accessible with speech needs to upgrade it to 1.3.0rc1,
>> that relies on qt5 and else needs avahi, at least as a build dependency,
>> and of course on speech-dispatcher and at least one TTS engine and
>> the Orca screen reader.
>>
>> I was helped by Storm Dragon to build a package (thanks!), and
>> could test talking to him on his mumble server.
>>
>> I attach the modified SlackBuild, to provide the options I used
>> for qmake-qt5.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Didier
>>

> Thanks. I'll do the update when 1.3 hits stable.  I got basic voice
> (sort of) working a few versions ago but never followed up on
> improvements or fixes.
>
> -Ed

Just FYI, 1.3.0rc1 is in Debian Buster, Ubuntu Disco, FreeBSD 12 and
(obviously) Arch.
I had no complaint from Slint users so far, and I tried it with no issue
with the voice. If everybody in the room is speaking at the same time
it's hard to follow the conversations though, as in a real room ;)

Best,

Didier