[Slackbuilds-users] Feedback on upgrading GDAL/geos/proj

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Nov 17 17:55:34 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019, Benjamin Trigona-Harany wrote:

> The change to libLAS will be fairly minor - not being built against GDAL.
> As far as I know, the only functional change is: "libLAS 1.6+ allows you
> to assign color information to a .las file if GDAL is linked in at
> compile-time."

Ben,

Here, libLAS-1.8.1 would not build so I removed it as a GRASS dependency
(for now).

> libLAS is an optional dependency for a small number of SlackBuilds and I
> don't think the change above will cause any issues, but happy to hear any
> feedback if I'm mistaken.

I don't recall where I read that it has been deprecated.

For some reason I've yet to find qgis-3.10.0 still won't build here. I don't
need it immediately so I'll keep futzing with it.

Thanks for all your work on the spatial libraries.

Best regards,

Rich