[Slackbuilds-users] ldns build failure

Gerardo Zamudio gerardo.zamudio at linux.com
Mon Nov 18 19:35:16 UTC 2019

On Monday, November 18, 2019 11:55:09 AM CST appl-cidr2 via SlackBuilds-users
wrote:
> Hi Gerardo,
>
> I use your slackbuilds for ldns and unbound.  For feedback I can tell
> you both (and ldns-1.7.1 specifically) build w/ no problems on -current -
> using the same versions of perl deps listed in Willy's post.
>
> Regards,
> appl-cidr2

Hi appl-cidr2 and Willy,

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't maintain ldns but I am trying to submit
an update to unbound and want to make sure it works with 1.7.1

I looked at my "clean" Slackware VM and it turns out I have it set up with
this in /etc/profile:

export MAKEFLAGS=${MAKEFLAGS:-"-j$(nproc)"}

It's one of the very few minimal changes I make to the VM image when building
it (along with setting a slackpkg mirror, color prompt, aliases).

I guess ldns is one of those packages that just doesn't build with more jobs.

Thank you both for your quick response,
Gerardo Zamudio