[Slackbuilds-users] tmpwatch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Oct 20 16:22:20 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019, Didier Spaier wrote:

> Out of curiosity, I have build and installed it. The most recent version
> (2.11) that you can find here: https://pagure.io/tmpwatch/releases is 7
> years old. It probably still works and there is a man page.

Didier,

Interesting. I couldn't find that page. Age is not necessarily an issue;
pflogsumm is still at 1.1.5 from a very long time ago but it still works
with current postfix versions.

> This being said, I certainly wouldn't use such a tool to cleaning old
> files in /tmp or elsewhere, but you may like it. Then, you could submit a
> SlackBuild for it?

Okay. I probably installed it a couple of decades ago and it was moved from
system to system and probably from Red Hat7 to Slackware8 16 years ago.
That's why I asked whether it did anything useful.

Periodically I check /tmp and remove the dust bunnies that have accumulated
since the last cleaning. So now I'll remove it from /etc/cron.daily.

Thanks for your insights,

Rich