[Slackbuilds-users] Issues with applications on desktop

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 8 14:10:52 UTC 2019

I've asked here for help when some packages would not build or run properly
on my new 64-bit desktop. I now believe the issue is with gcc-5.x on 14.2.
See these two threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6f0qkq/compiling_with_ryzen_cpus_on_linux_causing_random/
https://community.amd.com/thread/215773

The CPU in that host is a Ryzen7 2700 and I intially had kernel issues that
were resolved by building a newer kernel than what was there. Now the
4.4.190 kernel has no issues at all. But, gcc ...?

I'll post on LQ's slackware forum and ask if I can upgrade the gcc suite on
that host to the gcc-9.x in -current. I need to migrate to that host as my
server/workstation and there are applications that I need to have building
and running. Just wanted to let folks here know what is likely the issue
with this relatively new hardware.

Regards,

Rich