[Slackbuilds-users] SOHO backup choices

Richard Ellis rellis at dp100.com
Wed Sep 11 17:13:55 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 07:41:21AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>The two packages that look appropriate for my SOHO needs (and I didn't
>look at all of them) are flexbackup and Attic.  Both do daily
>incremental backups for single hosts or small LANs.  Should I install
>and learn both to support a choice or might there be others for me to
>consider?

Borg (https://borgbackup.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) is the currently
maintained fork of Attic, so you should look to Borg instead for
'Attic' style backups.

Myself, I've been using rsnapshot (https://rsnapshot.org/) for several
years.  I'm also experimenting with restic (https://restic.net/) as a
potential replacement for the rsnapshot setup and have migrated a
hosted VM to restic already.  If you are considering Borg (previously
Attic) then you might also want to evaluate Restic as well.