[Slackbuilds-users] python3-PyQt5 REQUIRES list

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Tue Apr 7 11:46:53 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-06 16:45,
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> put forth the proposition:
> Dave,
>
> I'm curious, and perhaps you know, why qt5-webkit is required for PyQt5
> since Qt5 itself can be built with WEBENGINE=no? (Both Qt5 and PyQT5 take >
> 2 hours to build on my 8-core/16-thread Ryzen 7 2700 desktop with 32G RAM.)

Hi Rich,

qt5-webkit was listed as required to build both PyQt5 and
python3-PyQt5 when I took them over, and I left the dependency lists
as they were.  I've just tested building them both without it and
didn't see any problems, so I've now moved qt5-webkit to `optional'.

It's quite possible that something still uses qt5-webkit, but not
qtwebengine.  I'll be taking a look at it shortly.

--
Dave

The antibloat squad!
For those interested in no bloat, minimal desktop Linux
gopher://tty1.uk/1/?minimal-linux
http://tty1.uk/minimal-linux
#minimallinux @ chat.freenode.net