[Slackbuilds-users] Problem building Qt5

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 18:48:37 UTC 2020

On 4/19/20, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I let it sit for well over an hour with nothing happening, then killed
> sbopkg.

That looks like it was a huge link. Taking more than an hour is normal,
especially if it's having to use swap.

Before you killed it, did you check CPU usage (e.g. with "top")? It
should have been pegging one core at 100%.

> I'm asking for advice on how to proceed upgrading qt5 and its webkit.

More patience. And/or more RAM, if you can.

Also, you could try exporting LDGOLD=yes in the environment. This might
speed up the linking drastically... or possibly cause it to fail, as it
requires more memory than the regular linker. Worth trying, anyway.