[Slackbuilds-users] Multiple SBo packages broken after upgrading qt5

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sun Apr 19 23:22:15 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-19 23:05,
Slackbuilds Users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> [code]
> $ qt5ct
> QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-shadow'
> QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-shadow'
> Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50909) with this library (version 0x50c08)
> Aborted
> [/code]
>
> I've got exactly the same startup error message after rebuilding and installing qbittorrent-qt5 which is advertised to work as well in qt5 README.
>
> I have also tried to rebuild RetroShare, it produces a crippled package with no "retroshare" executable at all. The log shows there was some compile error and for this one, the suggestion from the qt5 README should be followed:
>
> [code]
> Please report any problems about applications that don't
> work correctly to the Qt5 maintainer or to the mailing list.
> [/code]

That means the slackbuild maintainer (me), not the upstream Qt5 devs.

I will test these as soon as qt5 has finished building.  In the
meantime, it would help if you can provide build logs from building
qt5ct, qbittorrent, and RetroShare.

Since you are using sbopkg you can email us
/var/log/sbopkg/sbopkg-build.log but please *delete* the old one
before running sbopkg, so that a new one is created.  The logs can
grow to > 1GB.

Thanks

--
Dave

The antibloat squad!
For those interested in no bloat, minimal desktop Linux
gopher://tty1.uk/1/?minimal-linux
http://tty1.uk/minimal-linux
#minimallinux @ chat.freenode.net