[Slackbuilds-users] Multiple SBo packages broken after upgrading qt5
flinchx at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:41:19 UTC 2020
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 20, 2020 12:58 PM, flinchx via SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> I will try the patch for retroshare now and will report back.
Retroshare works too now.
Since all issues addresed in this thread seem fixed, I will provide a brief summary so it gets archived
- qt5 was updated from 5.9.9 to 5.12.8
- goal was to update qt5ct, qt5-styleplugins and retroshare by rebuilding them against the new qt5
- qt5-styleplugins failed to build, the old (the one that was built against the old qt version) leftover that was not removed from the system - my mistake - was causing all qt software that was making use of custom theming to fail
- retroshare failed to build against the new qt5 version
- a patch was provided for qt5-styleplugins , which I assume will be available with the next weekly public update
- removing the old qt5-styleplugins, rebuilding it against the new qt5 and installing the package made qt5ct and qbittorrent-at5 work again (after rebuilding them too against the new qt5 of course)
- a patch was provided for retroshare (it's attached somewhere above in this thread) that also bumps retroshare from 0.6.4 to 0.6.5. I suppose this will come as part of next weekly public update as well
- retroshare 0.6.5 compiles and runs fine with the new qt5 version
Feel free to rectify whatever I've got wrong in this summary and thanks again for the help.
Now I can proceed to update the rest of qt5 software I'm using.
More information about the SlackBuilds-users