[Slackbuilds-users] FreeBASIC installs broken

thinkunix thinkunix at zoho.com
Thu Dec 10 07:30:23 UTC 2020

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Once installed running fbc to compile anything fbc complains it can't find
> libtinfo.so.5 and fails to compile anything.
> Does the SlackBuild file need some work?

I ran into this a while ago and didn't spend much time on it.
The file it is looking for is installed in /usr/lib{64} but
fbc still has issues with it.

I think it's an issue with the source, not the slackbuild.
I had the problem on both Slackware 14.1 and 14.2 on both
32 and 64 bit systems.

Just download FreeBASIC-1.04.0, the version in SBo 14.1,
and build it.  It works fine.

scot