[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds up for grab and deletion

Andreas Vögele andreas at andreasvoegele.com
Thu Dec 10 10:51:51 UTC 2020

Hello Michel,

some releases ago the JVM backend stopped to support DESTDIR. The
problem still exists. I recommend to always build Rakudo with fakeroot.
I wondering whether the JVM backend will ever become stable anyway.

fakeroot env BACKENDS=moar,jvm MAKETEST=yes sh nqp.SlackBuild

Cannot open '/usr/bin/nqp-j' for writing: Permission denied at [...]
  at /tmp/SBo/nqp-2020.11/3rdparty/nqp-configure/lib/NQP/Config.pm line 34.

As a general test I run "zef install cro" after I've upgraded Rakudo.
But be aware that some of the tests may fail on slow machines.

Kind regards,
Andreas