[Slackbuilds-users] network/skype4pidgin needs an update

Dominik Drobek dominik.drobek at o2.pl
Sat Dec 26 17:02:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

Version 1.5 of network/skype4pidgin available in SBo is not working and
can't establish a connection. This is because of some changes on Skype
end, and also because of an upstream bug in skype4pidgin [1]. The bug is
fixed in the latest version of the plugin (1.7 at the time of writing).

I sent an email about it to Ekin Akoglu (current maintainer) about a
month ago, but I received no reply so far. I'm willing to take over
maintenance and update skype4pidgin if there are no objections.

Regards,
Dominik

[1] https://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pidgin/issues/656