[Slackbuilds-users] Unmaintained builds - want any of these?

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Thu Jan 2 12:01:16 UTC 2020

On 2/1/20 9:17 pm, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 2/1/20 6:41 pm, Robby Workman wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> TL;DR version: if you would like to see any of the scripts on the
>> following list stay around, please step up to maintain them.
>>
>> https://slackbuilds.org/DeadSBoBuilds
>>

> development/Pivy is a hard dependency of graphics/FreeCad
>
> It (Pivy) has a hard dependency on development/SoQt
>
> which has a hard dependency on development/Coin.
>
> Therefore, I think Pivy, SoQt & Coin probably shouldn't be on the
> DeadSBoBuilds list.

Ditto for development/shiboken which is also a hard dependency of FreeCAD.

Others I noticed which should perhaps be saved for similar reasons:

development/snappy is an optional dependency of wireshark and qemu, as
well as being a hard dependency of libraries/rocksdb.

libraries/gl2ps is an optional dependency for both graphics/OpenCASCADE
and academic/octave

libraries/ftgl is hard dep for both graphics/vsxu and misc/projectM, as
well as optional for graphics/OpenCASCADE

libraries/id3lib is an (undocumented) optional dep for multimedia/kodi

libraries/libshout is a hard dep of multimedia/vlc

libraries/libxml++ is a hard dep of libraries/libffado

multimedia/vcdimager is a hard dep for both multimedia/devedeng and
multimedia/vlc

python/pyside is hard dep of development/pyside-tools and both of these
are hard deps for FreeCAD, as well as undocumented optional dep for
libraries/matplotlib

Even if they are all (by whatever definition) dead, removal of them
impacts badly on other SlackBuilds that remain. Therefore could I
suggest they be removed from DeadSBoBuilds?

Thanks,
chris