[Slackbuilds-users] hwinfo

mickski 56 mickski56 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 11:49:03 UTC 2020

> Re: mickski 56 05.01.2020
> <AM7PR10MB3607187D7461068D55AA4767B13D0 at AM7PR10MB3607.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
> >> Hi,
> >> I'm building hwinfo package but compilation freezes at the make
> >> stage

> >> ./check_hd --check --sort --cfile hd_ids.h src/bus src/class
> >> src/extra src/special src/scanner src/network src/usb src/usb2
> >> src/isapnp src/monitor src/camera src/tv2 src/tv src/dvb2 src/dvb
> >> src/chipcard src/modem src/pcmcia src/s390 src/sdio src/x11.amd64
> >> src/pci src/storage src/sound src/mouse src/braille
> >>
> >> You can wait as long as you want but nothing progresses.
> >> slackware64-14.2
> >> Any ideas?
> >> Archives -
> >> https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/ FAQ -
> >> https://slackbuilds.org/faq/
> >>

> >I had to add a "make static" before make to get it to build.
> >My system is a bit of mongrel tho.
> >Your problem my be different.
> >Did you update libx86emu, before building the new version ?
> >
> >HTH
> >

> It was after a recent libx86emu package update that hwinfo stopped
> building. Previously, hwinfо was built without problems :)

Sorry I'm out of ideas, maybe contact the maintainer and ask him how he
build it in a VM, totally stock system ?
hwinfo is the only SlackBuild that lists libx86emu as a require so
there should be no mismatch there. Maybe try building with an older
version of libx86emu if you have one. Tho it's the same maintainer for
both so unlikely to be the issue I think.