[Slackbuilds-users] Pixma driver module for Canon scanner

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 10 00:22:30 UTC 2020

I sent this directly to Chris but it was rejected.

I bought a Canon CanoScan LiDE 400. The SANE supported devices page says
it's completely supported using the pixma module.

I just built and installed your pixma SBo package.

sane-find-scanner shows
found USB scanner (vendor=0x2e04, product=0xc025) at libusb:001:028
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1912 [LiDE 400]) at
libusb:001:032

scanimage -L shows
No scanners were identified.

modprobe cannot load the module:
# modprobe pixma
modprobe: FATAL: Module pixma not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.84

Please advise me how to proceed so I can use the scanner.

Regards,

Rich