[Slackbuilds-users] Pixma driver module for Canon scanner

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 10 17:34:39 UTC 2020

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Didier Spaier wrote:

> I've had better results setting the scanimage driver rather than sane in
> lios with another Canon device. scanimage as well as xscanimage is also
> shipped in the sane package. Both have a man page.

Didier,

I built from the source package (after changing all references to
/usr/local/ to /usr) and the scanner worked with a page inside. Still,
scanimage -L and xscanimage -L fail to find the device.

I'll join the sane mail list and see if I can get this program to work with
xsane (even though it's not a loadable module). Using the 'PDF' button on
the front edge of the device brought up a glade dialog box with very limited
options. Apparently with a multipage document each page needs to be scanned
separately then concatenated into the whole document.

Regards,

Rich