[Slackbuilds-users] pyproj update breaks CreateCloupMap

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 06:46:51 UTC 2020

commit 7b85f5cb37ebb2e85f030ca2158d97756db872ab
Author: Benjamin Trigona-Harany <slackbuilds at jaxartes.net>
Date:   Sun Nov 10 09:41:30 2019 -0800

    gis/pyproj: Updated for version 2.4.1 and removed Python 2 support.

When I was testing all the builds that depend on configobj, before
updating it to 5.0.6, I found that CreateCloudMap depends on pyproj
(although it's missing from the REQUIRES). Looks like upstream removed
python2 support...

So right now CreateCloudMap is broken. The best idea I have for fixing
it would be to create a pyproj-legacy (or pyproj-python2) build, for
the last version of pyproj that supported Python 2.

However I'm not really into the idea of maintaining such a build. I
don't mind writing it, I just don't want to deal with it afterwards.

So would one of you (Dmitris or Benjamin, maintainers of CreateCloudMap
and pyproj respectively) mind becoming the maintainer of pyproj-legacy,
when it comes into existence?

Also, CreateCloudMap needs PyYAML added to its REQUIRES.