[Slackbuilds-users] dbeaver-ce not finding jre

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 19 19:34:27 UTC 2020

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Dave Woodfall wrote:

> The path you are exporting yourself seems wrong to me. That's what the
> file in /etc/profile.d does and why you need to logout and in again to
> have the correct environment set up for it.

That's what I did.

> This is what is I have set by installing the java package with no
> intervention:

> $ env | grep -i java
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/java

Here there is no /usr/lib64/java. I have JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/bin/java.

> Please try not to outguess the package and set things yourself like
> that.

I must have mis-understood what B. wrote when he said the second path was
where java was to be found.

Which of the many jdks in the SBo repo are you running, Dave? I've no
preference as long as one version works.

Regards,

Rich