[Slackbuilds-users] dbeaver-ce not finding jre

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 19 20:48:59 UTC 2020

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Dave Woodfall wrote:

> But you set that yourself, yes?

Dave,

According to where java was found.

> ls $JAVA_HOME/
> bin/   include/  lib/  sample/             LICENSE             release
> demo/  jre/      man/  ASSEMBLY_EXCEPTION  THIRD_PARTY_README  src.zip
>
> It's the ROOT or HOME directory of where java things are found, but
> What you have set is the path to only the java BINARY.
>
> (Your listing may be slightly different, but it should have similar
> directories and files.)

$ ls $JAVA_HOME
ls: cannot access '/usr/local/lib64/jdk-14.0.1+7': No such file or directory

> Regardless, when you install the package it will drop a file in
> /etc/profile.d/ which sets these things up for you automatically.

Apparently that package didn't get the message.

> Please remove or comment out the line(s) in your ~/.bash_profile and
> logout and in again. If you have set it in both root's and your user's
> ~/.bash_profile then edit both of them.

That's what I did before responding to your last message.

> Since it's usually installed as a package listed in REQUIRES in the
> .info file, you should usually go by what is listed in that.

This requires: jdk

And when I look for jdk in the SBo repo I find:
jdk	Development	8u251	14.2
adoptopenjdk	Development	12.0.2+10	14.2
adoptopenjdk-openj9	Development	14.0.1+7	14.2
jdk11	Development	11.0.7	14.2
jdk12	Development	12.0.2	14.2
jdk13	Development	13.0.2	14.2
jdk14	Development	14.0.1	14.2
openjdk6	Development	6b41	14.2
openjdk7	Development	7u251	14.2
openjdk8	Development	8u242	14.2
zulu-openjdk-lts	Development	11.0.5	14.2
zulu-openjdk7	Development	7.0.242	14.2
zulu-openjdk8	Development	8.0.232	14.2
zulu-openjdk9	Development	9u07	14.2

And have no idea which to use. I suppose that I can remove adoptopenjdk and
replace it with openjdk8. I'm open to suggestions.

Rich