[Slackbuilds-users] dbeaver-ce not finding jre

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 19 21:23:36 UTC 2020

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Dave Woodfall wrote:

> This is all getting a bit complicated. Your thread title has the error
> "dbeaver-ce not finding jre" In fact dbeaver-ce requires `jdk', not `jre'.

Dave,

Not to flog a deceased equine, but the dbeaver-ce error message when I tried
to load it said it could not find a java runtime engine (jre) where it
looked for it. The java development kits (jdk) include a jre so I've always
installed a jdk.

> I don't know what jdk packages you have installed now.

AlienBOB's: openjdk-8u252_b09-x86_64-1alien

> There are many versions of jdk, openjdk, adoptopenjdk, zulu-openjdk. The
> whole thing is a mess.

And that's the understatement of the week.

> I think the best thing for all of us is:
>
> Uninstall ALL variations you have installed
> Stick to what's in the REQUIRES line in the .info, which is `jdk'.

But they all respond to 'jdk' so perhaps the REQUIES line could be specific
as to which jdk flavor/version is needed.

Regards,

Rich