[Slackbuilds-users] Dependency cleanup after package removal

David O'Shaughnessy lists at osh.id.au
Mon Jun 22 21:31:33 UTC 2020

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, at 7:56 PM, Dominik Drobek wrote:
> I was wondering how do people manage dependency cleanup when
> uninstalling SBo packages?

sboremove from sbotools is one way to handle this. `sboremove foo` would offer to uninstall any dependencies of 'foo' that aren't required by other installed SBo builds. It's not foolproof however, since it's possible for example that some package is only a hard dependency of 'foo', but is also a soft/auto-detected dependency of another build. Still, I find it useful.

--
Dave