[Slackbuilds-users] Dependency cleanup after package removal

Fellype fellype at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:27:31 UTC 2020

Hi all!

Just a comment/suggestion related to reverse deps:
Like Dave, I also have my own script which I run to find reverse deps of
softwares. It uses the "REQUIRES" field in the .info files. So, before an
update in SBo softwares, I check the reverse deps of the pieces I suspect
to have other dependees.
But I still have to deal with those deps that are autodetected in the build
process, which are usually the optional ones. Ex.: octave has only lapack
listed as a required dep. But in the README file there are amd, camd,
colamd, ccolamd, cholmod, umfpack, cxsparse, glpk, arpack-ng, qrupdate,
sundials, qhull, hdf5, fltk, ftgl, gl2ps, jdk, GraphicsMagick and portaudio
listed as optional, and are used to build octave if installed when building.
Then, it would be useful to have a field called "OPTIONAL" or
"USEDIFINSTALLED" in the .info files for cases like this.
Best regards,

Fellype