[Slackbuilds-users] Packaging questions

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Mar 20 18:59:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I intend to upgrade espeakup, dynamically linked to espeak-ng not
espeak, as speech is then way better (tested by Slint users).

Indeed I will provide a SlackBuild for espeak-ng but that leads to a few
questions.

For both espeakup and espeak-ng I do a "git archive <commit>".

1. How should I name $VERSION? git<commit>, <commit>, git_commit?

2. If I indicate in the README the command to use to get the source
archive, tools that automatize source downloads won't work. Is there a
recommended place to store the source archive?

3. For espeak-ng I use tools like pandoc and ruby-ronn to build the
documentation. As it seems unreasonable to require them, can I assume
that including their output in the tarball is OK?

Thanks,

Didier