[Slackbuilds-users] libinput-1.15.4 build fails: no pkg_resources

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 23 22:40:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020, Didier Spaier wrote:

> python-setup-tools is not needed to build libinput according to:
> sqg -p libinput. The queue file is:
>
> six
> pyudev
> python-evdev
> graphviz
> ninja
> python3
> meson
> libwacom

These are all in place and at current versions.

> Additionally python in SBo is @ version 3.7.2, not 3.8 and upgrading a
> needed package in a build chain is a hit or miss endeavor.

Yes, I know that 3.7.2 is what's currently supported.

> As long as you use software shipped neither in Slacwkare 14.2 nor in
> SBo at the version provided, as far as I am in concern you are on your
> own.

Okay. Perhaps I'll build the chain from the current source since
python-3.8.x is supported there. For now I don't know that I need an
upgraded libinput so I'll focus on getting work done.

Thanks, Didier,

Rich