[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-driver-440.64 submitted

Lyonel S lyonels at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:50:18 UTC 2020

Hello

Thank you very much for you hard work.

I just noted a glitch in the last SBo update for nvidia-driver.info :
md5sum are those of 440.64 but the filenames are still 440.59 (beware of a
"59" in one of the md5sum strings, I got bitten by a brute replace ;-)

I dig a little in the nvidia-installer options and I found we can use a
switch on Current not to install GLVND libraries in the first place,
instead of removing them after.
The only library still installed/replaced is /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1.0.0
found in the ocl-icd package. I encountered
no problem, so I didn't try to move
it around with the nvidia-switch script.

Here is a diff file to make use of this option.
Hope it helps

I have a last dump question : did anyone try adding libglvnd to SBo for
14.2 ?
At first glance it seems easier to do than tracking libraries to remove in
nvidia-driver.

Cheers and stay safe
Lyonel