[Slackbuilds-users] cmake too old issues

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Mon May 25 22:03:12 UTC 2020

On 26/5/20 4:45 am, dpross1100 at msn.com wrote:
> Does it need to be updated? This seems like a perfect example of a
> script that should stick with the present version until Slackware 15
> comes out, unless something else requires it to be updated.

Good point.

Five of the SlackBuilds I maintain have this "cmake too old" problem.
I've been making a note in their READMEs that the existing version will
be the last for 14.2.

I guess if any really do become urgent then B Watson's suggestion to
make a newer cmake part of the build is doable. I've seen other
SlackBuilds do similar things e.g. Arduino seems to  create a completely
new toolchain to do its stuff.

chris