[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20201107.1

Marek Wodzinski majek at w7i.pl
Sat Nov 14 20:51:15 UTC 2020

Hello,

I had also recently some Intel related problems with Chromium (Alien's
build) and also Opera. I didn't test Vivaldi, but it's also
Chromium based.
I think that there were some changes in Chromium engine which broke all
these browsers on Intel cards.
Browsers started ok, but full-screen didn't work and after some use of
GL, application stopped redraw itself (it worked and responded to my
clicks, but nothing changed on screen). I tried kernel upgrade (nothing
changed), Mesa upgrade (Mesa 13.0.6 can be built on stock 14.2) - i have
a feeling that this made things little better. Of course I tried
disabling hardware acceleration in browser and it helped a
lot, but in long term it didn't fixed issue.

What fixed in my setup was creating configuration for Intel card for X11
(maybe together with new Mesa, but I didn't try to downgrade it) in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf to force enabling DRI 3:
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
    Driver      "intel"
    Option      "DRI"    "3"
EndSection

Best regards,
Marek
--
"If you want something done...do yourself!"
Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg