[Slackbuilds-users] Submission confirmation mails have no Message-ID

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sun Nov 15 15:06:40 UTC 2020

Hello there,

I just noticed that submission confirmation mails have no Message-ID.

In fact the Message-ID is optional. I didn't know that. However, the RFC
also states that the field SHOULD be present. In my experience a missing
Message-ID can cause some interesting problems and is usually punished
with a bad score in common spam filters.

If the submission form doesn't generate a Message-ID, the first MTA
should. This could solve some of the occational deliverability problems.

Cheers!