[Slackbuilds-users] sqg for teapot

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:13:29 UTC 2020

On 11/19/20, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:
> I'm going to recommend teapot be removed from slackbuilds.  Reason for
> recommendation is teapot several versions back ditched gtk in favor of
> fltk.  The teapot package makes its user manual available when running
> teapot in graphical mode under fltk or does it?  If fltk doesn't run
> when teapot is run we have a package effectively stripped of its user
> manual in both console and graphical user interfaces and a 45 line man
> page is inadequate for a package like this.  There is no user manual in
> /usr/share/doc/teapot in pdf or html format either so console interface
> users can't even use the package.

I've addressed this in the update I pushed last night. The changes I
made were: fix the fltk build (it wasn't working), include the pdf and
html manual in /usr/doc/teapot-2.3.0, and alter the man page to say
/usr/doc/teapot-2.3.0 instead of /usr/share/doc/teapot.

Also restored the original homepage and download links, since the
original site is now up again.

All this stuff will be in this week's update, which means you should
see it Saturday or so.

BTW, did you ever contact the actual maintainer of the teapot
build? From the .info file, that would be Jostein Berntsen,
jbernts at broadpark.no. I took it on myself to fix the build because I
assumed "hey, not updated in years, maintainer must be MIA", but it
looks like his other builds have been getting updates... Jostein, if
you're reading this, I apologize if I stepped on your toes.