[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg wants to upgrade non-installed package

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:14:26 UTC 2020

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020, 2:45 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Oct 2020, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > I just deleted /tmp/SBo and let sbopkg re-create it and sync it with the
> > repo. Should have done this before writing.
>
> I found the sourc(s). First, /var/log/packages | grep dokuwiki returns
> nothing, but /var/log/packages | grep dokuwiki-20180422b-noarch-1_SBo finds
> it. Using locate that package showed up as well as an executable script in
> /var/log/scripts/.
>
> Removed both files. While I expected them to be removed when I removed the
> package now I know why sbopkg kept showing me an available update.
>
> Stay well, all,
>
> Rich

How did you remove the package? I don't think think I've ever had an entry
remain in /var/log/packages after using removepkg for that package (unless
more than one version was installed).

My worry is that the package might still be installed and you just removed
the references to what files are installed to the system.

Jeremy