[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg wants to upgrade non-installed package

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 3 23:29:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020, Didier Spaier wrote:

> How can you be sure the package were removed? Did you really check
> that the files listed in the records in /var/log/packages were removed?

> 1. If yes that would be the first time I hear of such an issue with removepkg.
>   Frankly, I really doubt it happened.

Didier,

If you're asking if /var/log/packages/dokuwiki-20160626a-noarch-1_SBo was
removed, the answer is yes:
$ ls dokuwiki-20160626a-noarch-1_SBo
ls: cannot access 'dokuwiki-20160626a-noarch-1_SBo': No such file or directory

However, /var/www/dokuwiki still has directories and files:
/var/www/dokuwiki]$ ls
bin/  conf/  data/  inc/  lib/  vendor/
/var/www/dokuwiki]$ ls data/
dont-panic-if-you-see-this-in-your-logs-it-means-your-directory-permissions-are-correct.png
dont-panic-if-you-see-this-in-your-logs-it-means-your-directory-permissions-are-correct.xcf
media/

Wonder why those are stil there.

All other packages are still in /var/log/packages.

Stay well,

Rich