[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbuilds-user] Teamviewer3 EULA bypass

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 04:01:06 UTC 2020

On 10/23/20, Dave Woodfall <dave at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> I must admit that I'm a bit uncomfortable with this, and I wouldn't
> want anything to backfire on SBo for hosting it.  In my mind it's no
> worse than having to download jdk etc. source manually to build it.
>
> Just because it's an inconvenience for build tools is no reason to
> try to bypass what the developers are trying their hardest to have
> people read, and there may be good reason for someone to *want* to
> read it to understand if they agree and want to continue to install
> it, or not, as the case may be.
>
> I would put a note in the README about it and leave it at that.
>
> What do the other admins think?

I think it'd actually be OK to add an environment variable EULA=agree
or such, defaulting to off. The user's only required to read the
EULA *once*, not every time he has to rebuild/reinstall the package
(possibly on a different Slackware box than the first time). Set the
variable and it skips the EULA (by whatever means).

This will especially helpful to the maintainer of the package, who
might have to run the script multiple times while developing/testing
it.

Also, if it doesn't already do so, it would be nice to include a copy
of the EULA as e.g. /usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/EULA.txt in the package.