[Slackbuilds-users] ptlib doesn't compile on -current any more

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 20:55:47 UTC 2021

On 04/04/2021 21:34, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2021, 12:59 PM Sebastian Arcus <s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
> <mailto:s.arcus at open-t.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/04/2021 19:21, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>      > strange, builds fine here: I just add this last patch after the other
>      > ones already applied in the modified ptlib.SlackBuild of the
>      > unofficial repository for current.
>      > one of them is specific to port ptlib to openssl-1.1.x and from the
>      > output you posted could it be that is not applied?
>
>     Sorry - I was getting confused between willysr's and ponce's repos. I
>     take it ponce's is the most up to date one? I re-downloaded the scripts
>     from ponce's, added the patch you suggested and it all compiled fine
>     now. Thank you again.
>

> The repo from ponce is an unofficial repo just for -current, where
> Willy's is for 14.2. Both are up-to-date, but designed for different
> versions of Slackware.
>
> SBo does not imply any support for -current, although, many scripts
> happen to work without modification. The unofficial repo from ponce
> keeps any modifications needed to ensure the scripts build properly and
> the resulting packages run properly on -current.

Thank you for the explanation. I realise there are good reasons for the
SBo website only tracking the latest stable - but with 14.2 approaching
5 years old now, there are more and more pressing reasons to try and
install something more recent than that. It is good that ponce has a
repo which will work with -current. I wonder if there would be anyway
this fact could be made more prominent in the docs or on the SBo website
somewhere - it feels a bit like having to join the "underground"
movement to find out about it :-)