[Slackbuilds-users] Warzone 2100 4.0.0 will have to wait.

Arnaud arnaud.garcia-fernandez at laposte.net
Sat Apr 10 21:10:21 UTC 2021

> On 4/10/21 1:15 PM, Dave Woodfall wrote:
> > Slackbuilds Users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> put forth the
> > proposition:
> >> Hi everybody,
> >> 	unfortunately 14.2 oldness striked again.
> >> This time it's SQLite that is too old for the brand new 4.0.0 version of
> >> Warzone
> >> 2100.
> >
> > Have you looked at the possibility of using a bundled version of
> > sqlite?  A few slackbuilds download and use internal versions of libs
> > etc. when the stock ones are too old.
> >

> I considered this as well for some of mine but rejected it.  Since
> Current is "real soon now" it didn't seem worth the effort or risk.
>
> -Ed

	I'm there too : doesn't feel its worth the hassle since 15.0 is coming.
And also, I feel that people really wanting to have an up-to-date warzone2100
might already be on -current, at least since 15.0-beta is out.
	And others may feel ok to wait a few months (hoping it won't be longer).

But that's also why I sent the original message :if there are people really
wanting it for 14.2, then it might be worth the effort. If nobody really asks
for this specifically, I won't do it.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>