[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild Support for ARM

Eugene slackbuilds at ninefamily.com
Tue Apr 20 20:57:34 UTC 2021

Hello all.

It was suggested I reach out to the Slackbuilds mailing list with my
question as to Slackbuild support of the arm architecture. With the
official support of some arm SBC's from Slackware, the SarPi support for
Raspberry Pi and upcoming AArch64 there are many of us who may utilize
existing Slackbuilds script to build software for our arm SBC's.

I'm wondering then, is there any soft of official support for arm from
the Slackbuild community, i.e. should we assume Slackbuilds to be usable
and report any issues or are they not supported for arm at all?

If arm is supported is there any effort to consolidate testing and
patches similar to 15/-current?
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbo-scripts-not-building-on-current-read-1st-post-pls-4175561999/

I've found that most will build without issue and a few simply need
minor edits such as specifying the SLKCFLAGS and LIBDIRSUFFIX.

elif [ "$ARCH" = "arm" ]; then
   SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
   LIBDIRSUFFIX=""

Thanks