[Slackbuilds-users] files to users /home

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 07:51:40 UTC 2021

if the file is program data which is only read, newver written, then
linking to a common location e. /usr/share/appname/datafile is the most
efficient, especially for large datafiles (think warzone2100 for example).
  I haven't seen any good way of handling this in a slackbuild, because
you may have many existing users, and what about users added later?.
editing the default user template to add link creation and going through
existing users to add links is not ideal. if you remove the package, the
links will remain.

It is better if possible to get upstream to fix their code so that
common user data is stored in a common place. local user data should be
created as required by the software.
regards,
Tim

https://www.avg.com