[Slackbuilds-users] Building nvidia-legacy304-kernel fails on 4.4 series kernels above release 167.

ld.jay ld.jay at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:31:42 UTC 2021

The following small hack added to the SlackBuild at line 79 (right after "cd kernel || exit 1") fixes the problem:

# Jay's hack to make the module compile on 4.4.y (for y > 167 )
KVER_MAJOR=$( echo $KERNEL | cut -f 1 -d . )
KVER_MINOR=$( echo $KERNEL | cut -f 2 -d . )
KVER_RELEASE=$( echo $KERNEL | cut -f 3 -d . | cut -f 1 -d - )
if [ $KVER_MAJOR -eq 4 ] ; then
if [ $KVER_MINOR -eq 4 ] ; then
if [ $KVER_RELEASE -gt 167 ] ; then
sed -i "1927s/force,//" nv-linux.h
fi
fi
fi

Since this SlackBuild is unmaintained, and I have no plans to "upgrade" my current nVidia card, I would be willing to take over maintaining this one. Legacy304 is the "newest" driver that works with my FX3500, and when 15 becomes official, I'll continue to use it, assuming that I can get it to compile on 5.x.x kernels.

Thanks,
Jay

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.