[Slackbuilds-users] gtk-chtheme

David Chmelik dchmelik at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 05:49:39 UTC 2021

On 6/27/21 2:59 PM, David Chmelik wrote:
> On 6/27/21 9:55 AM, B Watson wrote:
>> On 6/26/21, David Chmelik <dchmelik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I reported a gtk-chtheme bug to the SlackBuild maintainer.  He says he
>>> can't help because he no longer uses Slackware.
>> Basically 2 choices here:
>>
>> 1. Fix the bug (whatever it is) and take over as maintainer of
>>     gtk-chtheme.
>>
>> 2. Wait (possibly forever?) for someone on this mailing list to
>>     take over as maintainer. If you're taking this approach, it would
>>     be good to let the list know what the actual bug is.
>
>     I'm not taking it over.
>     There's a gtk-chtheme bug: if you select a theme (such as light
> theme) further down the list, then have to scroll back up to a dark
> theme (like Blackbird, near the top,) then it only turns on some parts
> of the dark theme and not others.  If you had chosen a theme (such as
> light theme) near the top (like Akasha) so didn't need to scroll, only
> then will the dark theme have all aspects turned on. However I want to
> use a light theme near the end of the list (oxygen-gtk) so always have
> to scroll up and always have this problem.

Also I don't program for GUI and avoid making GUI SlackBuilds; I'm just
the wrong person to ask, but you should keep SlackBuilds-users updated
that gtk-chtheme needs to be taken over. The old maintainer also
suggested try something new like lxappearance, but of course I won't be
the one to add that.