[Slackbuilds-users] SDL2 testing

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:51:04 UTC 2021

So I'm going to update SDL2 to version 2.0.14 soon. Before I do, I'd
like to make sure the update won't break anything. Turns out there
are a couple hundred builds that depend on it. See:

https://slackbuilds.org/advsearch.php?stype=revdep&q=SDL2

The SDL2 update is just a version bump. You can get the new source
from https://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.14.tar.gz and run
SDL2.SlackBuild with VERSION="2.0.14" in the environment.

If your builds are on the list, and if you have time to do it in the
next week or two, please test with the updated SDL2 and let me know if
anything is broken.

2.0.12 to 2.0.14 seems like a minor upgrade, but 2.0.14 adds quite a
few new API functions. Eventually applications will start using them
and we won't be able to stick with 2.0.12 forever. Slackware-current
already has 2.0.14, so it should be a seamless transition when 15.0
gets released.