[Slackbuilds-users] Finding why build fails

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:27:56 UTC 2021

Hi Rich,

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, February 15, 2021 2:47 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I suppose I could edit abstract.h and replace all '//' with '/.../'. Then
> do the same for the next file.

I would recommend against playing whack-a-mole and instead find the root cause of the issue.  Patching the source is rarely the correct answer (in my opinion, at least).

Unfortunately since you're using a different version of Python than which is on SBO you're kind of on your own.

Actually since Slackware-current ships Python 3.9.1 and -current also ships pygobject3, I would suggest grabbing Pat's SlackBuild and running it on your machine.  Note, do not just install the -current package!  Or at least manually inspect the difference's between Pat's SlackBuild and SBo's SlackBuild to try to get a clue as to why your build is failing.

> Rich

Erich