[Slackbuilds-users] hdf5 md5sums don't match

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 01:45:08 UTC 2021

On 2/16/21, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> tar: This does not look like a tar archive

Maybe you could run "file hdf5-1.10.6.tar.gz" and see what it actually
is that you downloaded? I bet it's an HTML page... possibly one that
contains an error message from the web server.

> Please advise.

Use wget to download the file. I just did, and its md5sum matches (and
tar doesn't complain about it, either).

Alternatively, learn to use sbosrcarch. If you look for the file at:

https://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/by-name/libraries/hdf5/

...you should see it there.

This works for all SBo sources, just change the "libraries/hdf5" in
the above URL to the correct category and program name.