[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [RESOLVED]

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:05:51 UTC 2021

On 2/16/21, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> I capture what's on the screen using ' tee <name>.log'. I didn't compare
> the
> geoclue build log with the screen before sending it.

This is wrong. "tee" won't capture the standard error stream, only
standard output. Since we're asking to see *error* messages, we need
the stderr.

In the future, when you're trying to get a "full build log", run the
script like this:

./whatever.SlackBuild &> full.log

You won't see anything on the screen, since it's all being redirected
to a file, but that's OK.

> Anyway, I just tried building it and it worked. There may have been a
> missing dependency I didn't see on the SBo page that's now installed.

Great. It didn't work, you didn't know why. Now it does work, and you
don't know why it works. Impossible for us to know what happened, so
we can't possibly fix it.