[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 03:05:44 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, 7:16 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 2021, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > I don't know what to tell you. The SlackBuild defaults to disabling nmea
> > unless the AVAHI variable is set to anything other than "no". If it is
> > left unset, nmea is disabled.
>
> > The only other thing to check would be running the script with bash -x to
> > see everything bash sees when it's running the script. This way it would
> be
> > able to tell you what happens with the above code block.
>
> Jeremy,
>
> geoclue2 was installed long ago with no problems, and upgraded since then.
> Why it should now ask for a non-present file is puzzling.
>
> If I could find an avahi something to install that would make geoclue2
> happy
> I'd do it. But I haven't found anything.
>
> Running the script from bash yields the same results.
>
> > avahi_opts='--disable-nmea-source'
> > [ "${AVAHI:-no}" != "no" ] && avahi_opts=''
>
> What should I do with these? Put them in the build script somewhere? A
> quick
> web search suggests that 'nmea' is a software gps emulator. There ought to
> be something that will tell the build script to ignore nmea, avahi, and all
> similar optional inputs.

Those are taken directly from the SlackBuild script. It's how the script
determines whether or not to pass --disable-nmea-source to the configure
script.

Based on your log, it seems you don't have the proper script. There's
nothing in the log setting the avahi_opts variable, which tells me the
above line seems to not be in your SlackBuild.

I got the following in between the extraction of the tarball and the
configure command.

geoclue-2.4.7/COPYING.LIB
geoclue-2.4.7/intltool-merge.in
+ cd geoclue-2.4.7
+ chown -R root:root .
+ find -L . '(' -perm 777 -o -perm 775 -o -perm 750 -o -perm 711 -o -perm
555 -o -perm 511 ')' -exec chmod 755 '{}' ';' -o '(' -perm 666 -o -perm 664
-o -perm 640 -o -perm 600 -o -perm 444 -o -perm 440 -o -perm 400 ')' -exec
chmod 644 '{}' ';'
+ avahi_opts=--disable-nmea-source
+ '[' no '!=' no ']'
+ CFLAGS='-O2 -fPIC'
+ CXXFLAGS='-O2 -fPIC'
+ ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --sysconfdir=/etc
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/man --infodir=/usr/info
--docdir=/usr/doc/geoclue2-2.4.7 --disable-nmea-source --enable-static=no
--build=x86_64-slackware-linux

Your log is missing the red section, which means that the code to set it
(which I included in a previous message) must be missing in your
SlackBuild. Otherwise there'd be something in there about what the avahi
variable is.

Jeremy