[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 04:55:13 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021, 9:35 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 2021, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > Those are taken directly from the SlackBuild script. It's how the script
> > determines whether or not to pass --disable-nmea-source to the configure
> > script.
>
> Jeremy,
>
> Thanks for pointing me to the problem and its solution.
>
> When I went to rebuild geoclue2 I checked the current SBo version with what
> I have here; they're the same. So I used the existing build script.
>
> Reading your message I downloaded the build script from the SBo repo and
> diff'd it against the one here:
>
> $ diff geoclue2.SlackBuild geoclue2/geoclue2.SlackBuild
> 4c4
> < # Copyright 2017 Aaditya Bagga <aaditya_gnulinux at zoho.com>
> ---
> > # Copyright 2017-2018 Aaditya Bagga <aaditya_gnulinux at zoho.com>
> 73,74c73,74
> < # to avoid avahi as a dependency add --disable-nmea-source
> < # to the configure options
> ---
> > avahi_opts='--disable-nmea-source'
> > [ "${AVAHI:-no}" != "no" ] && avahi_opts=''
> 85a86
> >   $avahi_opts \
>
> The one that's been here since 2017 was modified in 2018 to include the
> missing lines. I assumed that if the source tarballs were the same version
> the build scripts would also be the same. That's been the case with other
> packages but now we know, not with geoclue2.

You should never expect that the SlackBuilds haven't changed just because
the source tarballs haven't. You should always grab the latest as they
might include changes, fixes, or patches. If the update is substantial, the
maintainer is supposed to update the BUILD variable of the SlackBuild.

If you're going to build packages manually, it would probably be good to
keep a local git repo of SBo and update that before running SlackBuilds.

You can create the repo by running:

git clone git://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds.git sbo-repo

Then you can update it by going in the directory and running:

git pull

Hopefully this will prevent