[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:23:37 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021, 8:03 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>
> > if you had run "sync" from within sbopkg as you just said, your
> > geoclue2.SlackBuild would have been the most up-to-date one, and you
> would
> > have avoided the problem you had, which makes it puzzling.
>
> Tim,
>
> Does sync find packages I need that are not already installed? I was under
> the impression that when I ran sync it compared the SBo packages here with
> those on the SBo repo.

All sbopkg's sync does is sync its local repo with SBo's online repo. If
you go into the "Updates" section of the program, it will present you with
a list of packages that are installed that have had either the VERSION or
BUILD variables (or both) change from what you have installed.

However, since sbopkg itself doesn't track dependencies (that is kinda done
with sqg), it won't/can't notify you of new packages you need to install.
Other programs that interact with SBo are able to provide this
functionality if it's something you're looking for, but I'm not familiar
enough with them to provide guidance on what to use.

Jeremy