[Slackbuilds-users] geoclue2: wants optional dependencies [FIXED]

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:22:35 UTC 2021

> Does sync find packages I need that are not already installed? I was
> under
> the impression that when I ran sync it compared the SBo packages here
> with
> those on the SBo repo.

no, what it does is rsync your script repo with the public sbo (script)
repo, so all your sbo local slackbuild scripts will be up to date.
you can then run "updates" to identify scripts which have a different
version or build number from what is installed. It won't tell you if
dependencies have changed, you have to check the info and readme's for
that. There isn't really a short cut, as tools like sqg will give you a
build queue, but that is only for required deps, not optional ones,
which wouldn't have helped in your case (geoclue2).
I have been caught out before by not checking the info and readme and
just building the updated package, and getting problems, but at least
working from the recent script repo.
Of course, sometimes you have to rebuild stuff even when the version
hasn't changed, because a dep. has changed significantly.

If you maintain any slackbuilds yourself, I would do their updates out
of tree, so that you don't wipe out changes you are working on if there
is a sbo update before you submitted your updated script. Just remember
to re-copy from the tree before working on the next update, in case an
sbo admin has patched your script in between times.
regards, Tim

https://www.avg.com